Empathy for self and others. A Mindfulness and Focusing-oriented approach
|Event Start Date:|
28th April 2018
|Event End Date:|
29th April 2018
The Meeting Place, North Street, Westbourne, W Sussex, PO10 8SP
Empathy for Self and Others: A Mindfulness and Focusing-Oriented Approach 28th and 29th April
Cost £125. 12 hours CPD
Course Contents and overview:
1. Empathy – definitions and the importance of empathy when relating to self and others.
2. Exploring how empathy is nurtured or blocked.
3. Practical and experiential ways of becoming more empathic:
- a) Mindful awareness and acceptance of our bodily sensations
- b) Mindful and empathic response to aspects of self
- c) Using art work and other creative ways to enhance empathy
- d) Listening to others and resonating with them on a deeper level
- e) Enhancing empathic responses through offering deepening propositions and deepening conversations.
- Discussions, Question and Answer sessions
- Mindfulness and Focusing exercises
- Experiential paired / triad work
Russell Kendall MBACP (Accred.) is an experienced therapist and mindfulness teacher with 20 years’ experience of mindfulness practice. He integrates Mindfulness into his therapeutic practice and runs mindfulness groups. He is also a Psychology lecturer and holds an MSc in Organisational Psychology.
John Threadgold MBACP (Accred.) is an experienced Focusing-Oriented therapist and supervisor. He holds an MA in Focusing and Experiential Psychotherapy and is recognised as a Focusing Teacher by the Focusing Institute and the British Focusing Association.
Feedback from our course.
The Meeting Place, North Street, Westbourne, West Sussex, PO10 8SP.
Please note this is a wheelchair accessible venue.
To book please contact:
John Threadgold 0208 330 7341
01243 267708/07794 713573