Focusing Oriented Counselling and Psychotherapy
If you are considering therapy, Focusing Oriented Therapy combines the benefits of Focusing with therapy. All our members who offer Focusing Oriented therapy are qualified therapists with training in a variety of therapeutic approaches.
- The following BFA members offer Focusing oriented psychotherapy or counselling:
- Focusing Oriented therapists support you in directly experiencing what you are talking about.
- You are encouraged to check your therapist’s words and suggestions with your own feeling of what rings true for you.
- Focusing Oriented Therapy fosters a strong relationship of mutual trust and respect.
- You will probably agree to a minimum number of sessions with your therapist.
- You will probably discuss what outcome you are wanting from your therapy.
- You will probably need to agree with your therapist when you are going to end.
Whether you are a counsellor, psychotherapist or coach, Focusing can help you to access your subtle, lived knowing of your client and your relationship with them. You can sense deeply into areas that are difficult and find ways forward that take into account the subtle and intricate processes that you are interacting with. Focusing can also help you to take your own steps in development as a facilitator.