Pause for Presence Gathering
15th August 2020 Zoom Platform
An Invitation to Pause for Presence
“Out beyond ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there. And when our souls lie down in that grass, the world is too full to talk about.” – Rumi.
This poem very well captures the essence of the monthly on-line Pause for Presence gatherings which is all about bringing people together to experience the “underlying field of living Presence” – a sense of the aliveness felt within the body and felt around you as an aliveness that holds and nourishes you. And then to simply “lie down in that grass” and rest there, letting yourself be nourished and resourced by this dimension within you that is completely unperturbed by all that is going on within and around you.
Being together in this way also generates a palpable energy field of group Presence, which allows you to experience Presence in a much deeper way than would be possible if you were on your own. These monthly gatherings also aim to be “an oasis amidst all the world chaos of this present time”, as a recent participant described it.
So far, we have had 3 gatherings in which, after some brief guidance into Presence, we simply rested in this underlying field of Presence, embracing the silence (interspersed with times for sharing) and “letting ourselves just be”. And indeed at the end of each gathering, “the world was too full to talk about”. Words felt wholly inadequate to say farewell, so we just raised our hands – paws up for Presence! – as a way of appreciating our full experience together.
We have planned our next get-together for Saturday 15th August, so if you sense a “yes” inside you to join in, then you are warmly welcome!
- Time and date: Saturday 15th August from 4 pm to 5.15 pm BST (British Summer Time). The next gathering is on Saturday 17th October from 4pm to 5.15 pm BST.
- Venue: Zoom video conferencing platform. If you have no experience with Zoom, please let Cecelia know for necessary guidance.
- Fee: £10 (by bank transfer) or £11 (by Paypal which includes £1 Paypal fee). It includes a free audio-recording of the guided sessions.
- Email Cecelia Clegg at to register.
- If you are unable to attend, you can still register to receive an audio-recording of the guided sessions for a £5 fee.
If you just would like to be kept informed of further future gatherings, let Cecelia know and she will include you in our mailing list.
So if you are Paws up for Presence, we’d love to see you!
UK Wholebody Focusing trainers Addie van der Kooy and Cecelia Clegg.