Focusing Skills Certificate Level 2 with John Threadgold and Russ Kendall
|Event Start Date:|
22nd June 2019
|Event End Date:|
23rd June 2019
Event Venue: The Meeting Place, North Street, Westbourne, W Sussex, PO10 8SP
Focusing for everybody Level 2
This course follows on from the Introduction to Focusing Level 1 course, and can also be suitable for anyone who has completed a Level 1 Course with Russel and Myself, or another BFA Focusing teacher. This course costs £125 including a 12 Hour Focusing / CPD certificate
In this course we will explore
- Recap on Level 1
- . Experiential Exercises re grounding and anchoring.
- A Little more on the philosophy of focusing including a group experiential exercise
- The Four ways that we relate to what we experience, including the two focusing attitudes, and the implications of this for our lives and our families and friends.
- An exploration of our four relationships we have with our experiencing and the listening and focusing skills associated with them.
- Getting to know the ‘gang inside’ using art and focusing.
- Practice of Focusing skills both as a Focuser Focusing companion, and observer. John or Russ will act as a resource for each group.
- Exploring further resources and training in Focusing
This is a deeply experiential course. We will offer direct teaching,Q&A, demonstrations from your tutors,group experiential exercises, and small group work. everyone will have a chance to observe, focusing and listening, and be able to practice focusing and listening skills.
Who are your trainers?
John Threadgold. B.A. Hons M.A. MBACP (Accred) is a Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapist, and Supervisor, and is a recognised Focusing Teacher by the Focusing Institute and the British Focusing Association.He is also BACP Accredited for counselling and psychotherapy, a qualified supervisor, and a member of the BACP The Focusing Institute, British Focusing Association, the Trauma and Abuse group ( TAG) the ACC. He runs a private counselling practice called New Focus Therapy. See www.newfocustherap.co.uk .
Russell Kendall B.SC ( Hons ) MSc Psych. MBACP (Accred.) is an experienced therapist and mindfulness teacher with 20 years’ experience of mindfulness practice. He integrates Mindfulness into his therapeutic practice and runs mindfulness groups. He is also a Psychology lecturer and holds an MSc in Organisational Psychology.
To Book. Please contact John Threadgold at New Focusing Therapy. www.newfocustherapy.co.uk Tel 020 8330 7341
Russ Kendall www.person2personcounselling.co.uk Tel 07794 713573