LAST CALL Discover your Safe Space (Felt-Sense Magic Playshop Series)
28th September 2023 Zoom Online
A sense of safety and security is a fundamental human need. In this playshop we shall be exploring and inviting your felt-sense of a ‘Safe space’ as an antidote to generally feeling anxious or not having a sense of safety.
2 hour playshop on Zoom
Exploring our personal experience, such things as:
- What supports a felt sense of Safety and Security?
- Grounded Aware Presence as a foundation for balance and safety
- Safely meeting unsafe parts
- The effect of nature and the elements in being safe
- What are our blocks to a sense of safety
- Poetry and quotes to inspire safety
This session will include
- Community depth connection and small breakout groups
- Guided short attunements
- Silent pauses for reflective presence
- Lightness, fun and playfulness
- Poetry, inspirational quotes, short video and audios
- Interactive explorations
- Depth, learning and reflection
Sessions are audio recorded for your personal use to refresh yourself of the content.
Who for? For those with a well established or little practice. Even if you have no experience this might be a fun way to begin to sense into the practice gently.
Commence Thursday 28 Sept 7 pm – 9 pm BST on Zoom
Cost Ticket £25 /Conc £20
Your facilitator Simon ‘K2’ McKibbin
Simon, also known as K2, is an experienced trainer and coach, and a Buddhist practitioner of 30 years. He teaches and is affiliated with the University of Cambridge, the Mindfulness in Schools Project, Breathworks (Mindfulness and Pain Management), the Centre for Nonviolent Communication, and the British Focusing Association.
My approach is very embodied, given my extensive experience in mindfulness, working from a basis of ‘Unshakeable presence’ leading to a more integrated, sensitive and available context for relationship with the felt-sense, the holy grail of Focusing.
“Every part within us has it’s own healing mechanism and knows it’s own rightness,” (Gene Gendlin) We just need to know how to hold and be available to these parts in a safe and supportive way, and, as if by magic, the fresh edge will flow into it’s newness – it is the essential connection to build both inner and outer community.