Humour, Fun and Play (Felt-Sense Magic Playshop Series)
21st September 2023 Zoom Online
Here’s a time to lighten up and invite a felt-sense of what it means to live with a lighter and a more humorous touch.
Exploring our personal experience, such things as:
- What is your unique brand of humour?
- What are your blocks to fun and play?
- What conditions lend themselves towards more humour
- The felt-sense of laughter
- A brief introduction to laughter yoga
- Play and fun in the session
This session will include
- Community depth connection and small breakout groups
- Guided short attunements
- Silent pauses for reflective presence
- Lightness, fun and playfulness
- Poetry, inspirational quotes, short video and audios
- Interactive explorations
- Depth, learning and reflection
Sessions are audio recorded for your personal use to refresh yourself of the content.
Who for? For those with a well established or little practice. Even if you have no experience this might be a fun way to begin to sense into the practice gently.
Commence Thursday 21 Sept 7 pm – 9 pm BST on Zoom
Cost Ticket £25 /Conc £20
Your facilitator Simon ‘K2’ McKibbin
Simon, also known as K2, is an experienced trainer and coach, and a Buddhist practitioner of 30 years. He teaches and is affiliated with the University of Cambridge, the Mindfulness in Schools Project, Breathworks (Mindfulness and Pain Management), the Centre for Nonviolent Communication, and the British Focusing Association.
My approach is very embodied, given my extensive experience in mindfulness, working from a basis of ‘Unshakeable presence’ leading to a more integrated, sensitive and available context for relationship with the felt-sense, the holy grail of Focusing.
“Every part within us has it’s own healing mechanism and knows it’s own rightness,” (Gene Gendlin) We just need to know how to hold and be available to these parts in a safe and supportive way, and, as if by magic, the fresh edge will flow into it’s newness – it is the essential connection to build both inner and outer community.